Choosing a roofing company is not an easy decision to make. There are many factors to consider and even more companies to compare.
It can be overwhelming for homeowners who don't know anything about the process of replacing their roofs! Fortunately, we've created this guide that will walk you through the process of finding a reputable company. We'll discuss what questions you should ask before hiring one.
1. Material – what type of material will the roof be made out of, and how long will it last
The first thing is to determine what type of material the roof will be made out of. There are two main types:
– metal roofs last for a long time but can get damaged by hail and snowstorms, so they're not great in severe climates
– asphalt shingles have low installation cost and come with warranties from manufacturers, which makes them popular among homeowners
2. Quality – is the company licensed and insured? Do they have a BBB rating
The second thing is to find out if the company is licensed and insured. You don't want to hire a roofing contractor that doesn't have these two things because they will be liable for any damages incurred during installation. Check their BBB rating, too – you should only work with companies who have an A+ or higher!
3. Warranty – what are their warranty policies for labor and materials
Control if they have a warranty for labor and materials.
Some roofing companies offer a lifetime warranty; others will only cover the cost of replacement if another storm damages your roof within ten years. Then, call up your local building department and ask them if they have any complaints on file against the roofing company you're considering hiring.
Request an inspection of your home before installation begins to ensure no hidden problems with your roof or gutters.
4. Price – is the price competitive with other companies in your area
Look at the prices of the roofing company. You want to look for competitive prices, so don't be afraid to ask how much it costs.
Are they competitive with other companies in your area?
Is there a finance option so you can pay for the roof over time? How high are their monthly payments?
This will help you figure out which company is right for you and your budget.
5. Reputation- has anyone you know had any experience with this company before
This step is essential: has anyone you know had any experience with this company before? If they have, ask for their opinions to get a complete understanding of the company's reputation.
Have they good reviews on social media? Do they have a Google review page with reviews from past customers?
This will give you an idea of what to expect before hiring them.
6. References- does the company provide references from previous customers or contractors that can speak to their work ethic
You can contact past customers to find out more about the company.
If they have references, call them up and ask for their opinions! This will help you figure how well the roofers work on a day-to-day basis so that you can get an idea of what to expect if you hired them.
7.Look at their website/social media
Finally, you can check their website and social media to see if they have any reviews. A good company should have a catalog of previous work they've done, and should be able to provide references for you.